Thursday, December 13, 2012

What's Going on Around Here?

So I mentioned in my last post that the Mister & I are camped out in a hotel for two weeks.  I spend a lot of time in hotels, so I thought this sounded okay.  Except that it is a lot less like Eloise than one might imagine.  The Mister chose this particular hotel because the rooms are more like little apartments than like hotel rooms and there are little kitchenettes.  Having the kitchenette is nice because we've been cooking rather than eating out, which saves a bit of money, but the kitchen isn't exactly well-equipped.  For example, there are about five lids in the cupboard with all the pots and pans.  However, not one of these lids fits any of the pots & pans.  Also, there is zero counter space.  There is a stove, the sink and one counter that is occupied with a toasted, coffee maker & microwave.

But I actually didn't come here to complain about the kitchen.  I came to talk about working out.  Because y'all?  I got real lazy over the last two weeks.  In the lead-up to the move, I went for a few runs and did my push-ups (more on that later), but since we moved, I hadn't done ANYTHING.  If this hotel were in a more neighborhood-y area, I might have been able to go for a run, but it's sort of in the middle of nowhere (which is because the Mister's base is in the middle of nowhere).  We've been talking about joining the Y once we are settled, and contemplated joining now because there is a branch about 15 minutes from the hotel, but we want to see how the Mister's schedule works out to see if we should get a family membership or if I should get a single membership.  Those are all of my excuses.  Do you like them?

Finally on Monday, I decided it was time to stop being lazy.  I have all kinds of workouts pinned to my Pinterest board.  My only limitations are that I have zero equipment.  Not even a yoga mat because we didn't think to keep any of those out.  Also, I'm trying to stop being so lazy, but I thought it would be better to start out slow, so I'm doing 10 minutes a day.  And I thought I might link you to some of my fave videos I've done this week.



This one is great because it moves pretty fast, but it gets intense at the end.  I work up a bit of a sweat and I'll tell you, my butt & quads were sore the next day.  I did this one on Monday & then again today.



I liked this one because it targeted my abs, but I didn't have to lie down on the carpet without a mat.  I'm not saying the floor isn't clean, I'm saying carpet is gross and I don't understand why anyone would want it in their home (Hardwood Forever!).  Also, my obliques were pleasantly sore the next day!



This is another one for the butt.  As y'all have seen previously, I have zero butt, so I need all the help I can get.  This workout was full of great moves for my butt.  Plus, the celebrity trainer has pandas on her sneakers!

So those are the videos I've been doing!  As for the push-ups, I finished my six week program of the 100 Push-Ups Challenge, but I can't do 100 consecutive pushups, so that is kind of a bummer.  The app suggested that I re-take my initial test and start the program again at a higher level.  And I will likely do that.  But I wanted to take some time off from feeling sore ALL THE TIME.  Except then I started these videos and I'm back to feeling sore all the time, except in my butt not my shoulders.  It's a rough life, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment