Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Schlubbin' It


Today is a cleaning day.  I feel like I've hardly been home recently, between waving good-bye to my main mister on the pier and flitting about the country.  I've mentioned before that I follow in my mom's footsteps as far as cleaning in my PJs go.  This is my brand spankin' new Navy hoodie that the mister's lovely mom bought for me after the send-off.  It's suuuuper comfy, but I feel weird when I wear it.  I don't feel like myself.  I wore it out of the house to have lunch with a friend last week and every time I caught a glance of myself in a reflective surface, I kept thinking, "Holy crap, I look just like my sister!"  It's not a bad thing looking like my sister, but it feels weird.  She wears hoodies, I do not.  So I don't know if I'll wear this around town much, but you better believe I have this thing on all the time at home.  It's perfect for bumming around the apartment (and, you know, cleaning it).

Navy hoodie - NEX Norfolk; Green striped shorts - Wal-mart


Yesterday I ran 6 miles around a lovely park in my neighborhood.  I've been building up my mileage little by little, but I had a bit of an interruption last week.  So this was my first long run in two weeks.  And when I got back, I had some almonds & yogurt, hopped in the shower and got dressed to walk to Target to get supplies to make supper.  I'd originally put on shorts, but walked about a block outside before I decided it wasn't QUITE shorts weather yet.  So I dashed back inside & put on jeans.  By this point though, I started getting a bit light-headed & shaky and I realized that my stomach was trying to eat my leg.  So I scrapped my plans for cooking dinner and barely made it to Panera.  What I really wanted was a big ole cheeseburger & some fries, but I opted for a panini & a salad.  It was probably the healthier choice, but it did not really satisfy me.

Then I went ahead & walked over to Target to pick up coffee & 1/2&1/2 and to see if that Jovovich-Hawk dress was still on the clearance rack.  It was not.  Instead, I tried on a bunch of new workout pieces but didn't buy any.  I thought about getting a new running skirt in a medium because the one I have in a large is a little, well, large.  I also tried on a pair of running shorts, but I'm undecided about that.  I'd really just like to get another pair of Gap Fit capri leggings, but those babies are expensive if they're not on sale!

Gold metallic sweater - H&M; YES concert tee - Ebay; Skinny jeans - Express; Patent wedge sandals - GUESS via DSW


As for what I wore to wave my hankie on the pier last week, we got up at 4am, so I'm sorry to say I went with basic and didn't even both trying to do anything with my hair.  I was cold all morning, wishing for a scarf and the wind coming off the ocean wreaked havoc on my bun.  The mister's mom is lovingly known as "The Papparazzi" by her kids and she snapped a few shots of me when I wasn't paying attention.  It was a really emotional day for me.  This is my first deployment as a Navy girlfriend, so I'm not sure what exactly to expect.  I would do okay for a while and then just sort of burst into tears. Poor mister and poor mister's mom, having to deal with me.

Black trench - Target; White v-neck tshirt - NextLevel via Amazon.com; Floral print cardigan - H&M; Joes Jeans - Nordstrom Rack; Black pointy-toed flats - Nine West via DSW.com

I will say this:  CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion in waterproof does a bang-up job of staying on through tears.  I told my mom later in the afternoon that I'd cried off all my make-up and she was like, "Why'd you put on make-up in the first place?"  But she didn't know what I know about the Papparazzi, haha.

As for the mister, he started the day in a casual blue camo-print ensemble, but went with a classic all-white military look later in the morning..  He wears it very well, though I might be a tad bit biased.  He's so handsome, y'all.  I'm going to miss this man.


No comments:

Post a Comment