Thursday, May 10, 2012

GUESS what!


This is what I'm wearing Right This Second.  Usually there is a bit of a delay between when I take photos of my outfits and when I actually post them, but I overestimated how long it would take me to get ready, so I've been having a solo dance party in the living room.  And then I realized, Oh hey, I could, you know, update my blog!


I'm a little dressy because there is a function for the Mister's ship tonight, and since now I'm his fiancee, which is a little more official than girlfriend, I'm supposed to make a good impression.  Or something.  I don't know.  I just look at it as an excuse to wear my cute new shoes.  


Did you see my shoes?  Want to hear something awesome?  I had a coupon for DSW for $20 off any shoes $49 or more.  And I had my eyes on a DIFFERENT pair of GUESS black sandal wedges at the DSW in Minneapolis, but I didn't get a chance to go buy them when I was up there.  Well, the coupon was expiring yesterday and I couldn't just let a deal like that go to waste.  So, I asked the Mister to take me to DSW.  And you know what?  He totally did.  And he waited patiently while I tried on the OTHER shoes and then when I found THESE shoes and then had to walk all over the damn store to decide which ones to get.  And when I had to just browse through the clearance section.  And then he even took me over to the mall so I could check out Macy's & Dillard's to see if I could find a formal gown for ANOTHER function next month.  But that function is way fancier.  Hence the search for the gown.

Do you know how hard it is to find a formal gown that is not ridiculously expensive?  I'll tell you.  It's hard.  The problem is that most of the gowns are either too prom-y or too mother-of-the-bride-y.  And I don't want to look like a ho, because, good impressions, but I don't want to look like someone's mom.  I think that maybe what I will eventually do is get someone to take me to David's Bridal and I'll buy a basic black bridesmaid dress or something and fancy it up with some cute shoes & accessories.  If only I could wear these shoes.  They are so freaking cute and awesomely comfortable.  That's the best part of wedges.  Maybe I'll wear wedges for my wedding.

Purple sleeveless blouse - Banana Republic Outlet
Jeans - Rock & Republic via Nordstrom Rack
Black strappy wedges - GUESS via DSW

No comments:

Post a Comment