Thursday, November 15, 2012

N'awlins

Last weekend the Mister & I had the absolute PLEASURE of travelling to New Orleans for a wedding!  The bride is one of the Mister's best friends from his last deployment and since I've met her, she's become one of my favorite ladies too.  She & her now-husband have been one of our favorite double date partners and I am so sad to be moving away from them next month.  But enough with the sentimentality, on to the photos!


First of all, how handsome is the Mister?  Second of all, no trip to New Orleans is complete without a visit to Cafe du Mond in the French Quarter.  What in the world could be better than a cafe au lait and a pile of fried dough smothered in powdered sugar?


Seriously.  Look at that and tell me you don't want to be like the Mister and just DIG IN.  This was probably the third or fourth photo I snapped of our beignets and I guess the Mister was getting impatient.


And this was the aftermath.


For what it is worth, the Mister did this to me first.  This was retribution.  Also, I was the one wielding the camera, muah-ha-ha.


On the morning of the wedding, the bride's dad had organized a Bridal 5K.  We all met up around 7:30am and hit the streets for a friendly group run.  The best part, undoubtedly, was running up Bourbon Street at 8 o'clock in the morning, with the city workers hosing down the street.  It was super fun and we even had shirts!



This is the only photo I have of my full outfit at the wedding.  I made the Mister take me shopping last Thursday because I wasn't in love with anything in my closet.  And let me tell you.  He's a trooper.  It took us probably four hours and involved buying a dress and then returning it half an hour later because I realized how difficult it would be to find shoes for it (it was very cute and very sparkley and full of lovely Fall-ish coppers, bronzes and browns).  But then we found this dress.  And those shoes.  Let me tell you a little about those shoes.  You can't really see it here, but they are actually wedges.  And they are INSANELY comfortable.  I wore them for 11 hours and walked probably at least twenty blocks total over the course of the day.  I love these shoes.  And I fully intend to wear the hell out of them, which should be relatively easy because even though they look shiny metallic in this photo, they are actually a duller silver and should work with both dressy AND casual outfits.


Again.  Seriously.  How sexy is the Mister?  Can you believe I'm marrying him?  I kind of wish he wore a suit & tie to work every day though, because he makes it look good.  But that's all right.  He looks pretty damn hot in aquaflauge too.

The next few photos are from Sunday morning when we took a walk around the neighborhood where our hotel was.





Not pictured is all the AMAZING food we ate at the rehearsal dinner, held at a place called Mother's.  I was a little intimidated because I'm not terribly familiar with Louisiana cuisine, but between the Mister & I we ate a little bit of everything on offer and it was all damn tasty!  We cannot WAIT to go back to New Orleans and have a little more free time to do some exploring and more eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment