Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Baby!

So Halloween has come & gone!  I did all the things I intended to do on my birthday.  I did my push-ups, I went to Starbucks.  One of my neighbors had a candy pail in the hallway with a sign "Please help yourself!" So I even indulged in a couple fun-size candies, which was awesome.  And then I went to dinner with my three favorite Norfolk ladies!

I figured, hey, it's Halloween!  So, I wore my faux-leather leggings.  Here's some advice for you, if you ever feel like wearing faux-leather leggings.  It is probably best to wait some time between putting on lotion and putting on the leggings.  That was an exercise in frustration if I've ever experienced one.  But I wore the leggings with my black leather boots & a black top.  Then I threw a leopard-print trench over the whole thing and called myself a cat!

I posted the photo on Facebook and one of my friends demanded to know where my ears were.  So, to appease her (and because, you know, Halloween), I made sure to put my cat ears from the race on before dinner.  so I guess on Saturday I was a Crazy Cat Lady and on Wednesday I was a Sexy Cat Lady.  Or something.  I haven't a clue!

Dinner was yummy & they gave me a free birthday creme brulee, and it was amazing!  I'm glad I was able to spend some time with friends and do something nice on my birthday.  I was bummed that the Mister wasn't home, but I also know that this is something that will happen many, many times in the future.  It's all a part of choosing to marry someone in the military.  But he knew I was going to be sad, so he sent me some beautiful flowers, because he is awesome like that!

I'm headed back up to Minneapolis tomorrow evening, but he will be here to pick me up as soon as I get back!  I cannot WAIT to see him.  And then next weekend we have a wedding to go to in New Orleans, so I'm pretty excited about that too!  It's been ages since I've been to New Orleans.  Now just to figure out what I'm going to wear for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding!  Nothing like waiting til the last minute, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment