Thursday, October 17, 2013

Stalker Songs

Have you ever had a song stalking you?  Like, you hear it everywhere you go?  And I don't mean a Top 40 song-of-the-summer because that would be like saying that the guy in the next cubicle is stalking you because he is always at work when you are.  Now, if he were also always at your dry cleaners and also always in the tree outside your apartment, then yes, he would be stalking you.  But anyway.  Back to the original question of stalker songs.  Because lately, this song has been stalking me:


I have heard it three times in the last week or two.  I remember this song was HUGE in the early nineties but listening to it now, I am so confused as to why.  Perhaps it's because it is a total earworm.  Since this song started stalking me, I've been walking around singing it to myself.  Except then I start singing THESE lyrics:


The only clips I can find skip the first part of the song which goes, "I am sitting on the sofa, there's a TV in the corner..."  Anyone else a huge Nick at Nite fan as a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment