Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Good morning!

I woke up very excited this morning because the cats were cuddling. I am determined to have BFF cats but so far that hasn't been working out so well for me.  But this morning, the cats were cuddling, literally behind my back. So I woke up the Mister & hissed at him, "Look!  Behind me!" I'm pretty sure this freaked him out a little, but he dutifully looked, mumbled something about how cute it was and rolled over back to sleep.  But I was too excited to sleep. The cats were cuddling!  So close to total BFF-dom.  And Amy was even letting Rory groom her.  And grooming is Rory's jam.  He tongue-bathes us like it is his job until he gets really intense and into it and then he tends to get a little bitey.  So then I became concerned, because Amy never allows Rory to go that long with the grooming.  And I panicked because I thought maybe he had killed her and was now grooming her tiny kitten corpse.  I can be a little morbid at times.  But at the same time, if she wasn't dead and they really WERE cuddling like old pals, I didn't want to disturb them.  So I rolled over as sloooooowly as possible.  But I didn't have my glasses on and it was hard to tell if her eyes were open and I suppose her eyes could be open even if he had killed her.  So then I started groping at her belly to see if I could tell if she was breathing.  And she was.  However, Rory totally had his front paws around her tiny neck, which was probably why she was allowing the intense grooming.  Once I loosened his little paws, she shimmied away.

Anyway, that was my morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment