Thursday, September 5, 2013

Quick Update

So, just a quick update on my reading situation.  It felt stupidly freeing to give up on Ulysses.  I'd been trying to stick it out just so I could say I read it because that's what I did with War and Peace and I actually ended up enjoying that book a lot.  But with Ulysses, I just can't.

Continuing down the list, I read The Great Gatsby in a single day and it was glorious.  Compared to Ulysses, it was like coming out of the hot sun into the shade and taking a long cool drink of water.  I seriously felt refreshed.  And now I'm two-thirds of the way through Lolita and am enjoying that as well, despite the subject matter making me feel squirmy.

I don't think I'm even going to bother with Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.  I think I'm just going to skip on down the line and start Brave New World next.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment