Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Forever 27?

So here's the thing with Forever 21.  Besides, you know, the whole shoddy quality & bible verses printed on the bottom of the bags.  When I was young enough to get away with the super short hemlines, nothing in the store fit.  Now that I can fit into pretty much everything in the store, I feel like I'm too old for short hemlines. But, I persist in shopping there because sometimes I find awesome things like my feather blouse.

I stopped in yesterday to look at shorts.  And I'll just go ahead & get my old lady on and say "Jiminy Christmas!  All those shorts looked like denim underpants!"  Okay, now that that's out of the way.  I did find a couple of contenders, but one of my overwhelming personality traits is that I'm cheap.  And spending $17 on a pair of shorts seemed ridiculous.  Anyway, onto the pictures!  Sorry for the crappy quality, but Forever 21 dressing rooms are some of the most ill-lighted dressing rooms I've ever been in.

The tank top is too big for the shorts, which is a shame, b/c it was really cute, but they only had a small and a large and I thought the small would be too small, but it turned out the large was too large!  In the dressing room, I thought these shorts looked like a baggy diaper, but looking at the pictures now, I'm thinking maybe they weren't so bad.  I liked that they came with a little belt.  The picture is suuuuuper grainy, but they were a really  nice navy color.  They were short, but I don't think too short.  They might be worth a second look at some point in the future.

I also tried on a pair of pretty basic denim shorts, but they weren't really anything to write home about, so I'm not going to bother posting the crappy photo.  In this hunt for shorts that I've embarked on, I'm starting to realize that I'm not a huge fan of denim shorts on me.  I was much more excited about the navy shorts above than I was about the denim shorts that fit pretty well and met my criteria of NOT riding up into my lady parts.  So maybe I should focus my search on non-denim shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment