Thursday, March 3, 2011

Alive

Sometimes life gets the best of me.  I've mentioned before that I am a flight attendant, and as such, sometimes I disappear for days at a time.  My mother likes to leave me voicemails asking if I'm still alive.  I've been avoiding her lately because I've sent a surprise her way and I don't want to give it away!

Today is my day off and tomorrow I start the first of two days of annual recurrent training, where I have to show my proficiency in conducting emergency evacuations.  It's a nerve-wracking time of year because even though I know what I'm doing, having to actually do it in front of someone who is grading me gives me nervous butterflies.    But I'll do fine.  I get through it (usually with flying colors) every year.

It's 2 o'clock in the afternoon and I haven't actually gotten dressed yet.  I've been sipping my coffee & reading blogs wearing a tshirt & workout shorts with uncombed hair.  It's very glamorous.  But I do have an outfit for you, from a few days ago!

 I like this picture even though I cut off my feet.  But I mean, really.  Y'all have seen those boots in EVERY outfit picture I've posted.  As much as I love those boots, even I'm getting sick of them.  I can't wait for Spring & Summer, when I can finally wear some other shoes.

I wore this to go to the Mall of America to meet a flight attendant friend for lunch.  We had a coupon!  Since I've lost the weight, I feel like I have a little more leeway on playing with volume in my outfits.  This shirt is pretty blousey, so I like to pair it with things that are a little more streamlined on the bottom half.



Feather blouse from Forever 21
Lace overlay mini skirt from Target
Black tights from Target
Gray Madden Girl Boots (again)


I still haven't quite finished all the Spring Cleaning I've been trying to do and I still have 7 garbage bags of clothes to donate that no one will come pick up. Every place I've called or emailed and said the same thing, "Ooh, sorry, we don't do pick-ups in that area."  It's really frustrating.  I just want to get rid of this stuff!

1 comment:

  1. I want to make a trip up to the cities soon to get my Ikea on. If you have any cute pre weight loss stuff I'd love to take it off your hands. I also have plenty of cargo space so I could take the stuff to goodwill or wherever after. Plus, you know, we should get sushi or something.

    ReplyDelete