Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sum-sum-summertime!

Today was glorious, weather-wise.  I only wish I would have gotten out of th062811e house earlier to enjoy it, but I’ve had too many early mornings lately.  Me & 5:30am?  We are not friends.  But Crew Scheduling would sure like us to be.  So today, since it was my day off, I stayed in bed until 11:30, just being lazy and snuggling with the baby cat.  She needs to be snuggled sometimes.  Then I made myself some coffee & brunch and finally decided to get dressed and go for a stroll.

I did a spot of shopping, but didn’t find anything I couldn’t live without.  Not gonna lie, I may or may not have stopped into Marshall’s just to use the full-length mirror in the dressing room.  I really need to figure out a better picture-taking scenario.

This blou062811bse is an oldie-but-a-goodie.  I actually grabbed it out of the donation bags at the very last minute and decided to keep it.  My mom & I found it on MAJOR sale at Anthropologie years and years and years ago.  I think I wore it maybe twice?  It’s a size 12, which is too big, but I like the blousey effect.  I’m super glad I saved it.  It’s 100% silk and just feels like the epitome of summer.  I think it will finally get some use this year.

One of the things I WAS looking for at Marshall’s was a new summer-time purse.  I love my black purse, but it tends to feel too heavy for outfits like today’s.  I opted for this cute little vintage clutch I bought on Etsy, but I’d love to find a purse with straps for everyday use.062811detail  So my search continues.  I was also hoping to find a pair of cute flat gladiator sandals in a neutral color, but came up unsuccessful on that one too.  Good thing my wedges are so comfortable!

Straw fedora – H&M; Silk sleeveless blouse – Anthropologie; Blue cotton skirt – Old Navy; Blush patent wedge sandals – Guess? via DSW

2 comments:

  1. Love that you went in to take your pic!
    I swear, I never find anything easily if I'm specifically looking for it.
    Aren't larger tank tops great? I try to get the blousey ones extra big to pair with tight ones underneath. That silk tank is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular Marshall's is home to my favorite fitting room lady of all time. I seriously love her. She always tells me I'm looking good and calls me "Little Honey" or "Sexy Mama" or some combination thereof. She makes my day!

    ReplyDelete