Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hey Good Lookin'! Whatcha Got Cookin'?

So, it would seem my kitchen has the best lighting in the entire apartment.  I toted the tripod all around the apartment, trying to find a place with good lighting.  And I ended up in the kitchen.  I take a certain amount of pride in how clean my kitchen is these days, so I think I'm okay with taking my outfit photos in there.
Gray cardigan - Target; Floral blouse - Fun & Flirt via Marshalls; Skinny jeans - Target; Black heels - Qupid via LEN

There are some new items here!  This is the first appearance of both the blouse & the jeans.  The blouse was $7 at Marshalls.  I had originally tried on a large and thought it was a bit big and had put it back on the rack.  When I came back a few days later, there was a medium.  I bought it without trying it on.  Word of advice, friends.  Try things on.  Because that ruffly bit at the bottom of the shirt originally had elastic running through it.  And the large was, well, large enough that the elastic wasn't very elastic and the shirt stayed put.  But I didn't buy the large.  I bought the medium.  And the elastic kept wanting to slide up to my smallest point, which is several inches above where my jeans hit.  And I'm not into belly shirts.  So I decided, rather than return the shirt, because I really liked the pattern & the neckline, to just take out all the elastic.  It was a project and I'm not sure I like the final product.  I feel like it hits me at an odd point on my hips and there's no definition at my waist.  To top that off (or bottom it off?) those skinny jeans are SKINNY.  Holy Hannah.  They fit great in the waist & hips, but man oh man, the legs are tight.  I think this is actually the standard in skinny jeans, but it's a new sensation for me.  My old Express jeans (RIP, Express jeans) were a skinny leg, but they weren't skin-tight.  These are the kind of skinny jeans that end up completely inside-out when I take them off.

All complaining aside, looking at the picture now, I think it looks fine.  And I can't wait to wear those jeans with boots this fall.  I've been on the look-out for a brown pair to give my gray Madden Girl boots a break.  I really need to take a good look at my closet and take stock of what I have and what I'd like.  I feel like I have a lot of great pieces, but it's not very cohesive.  And there are some weird gaps.  For instance, I do not own a single button-down shirt.  Not a one.  I also don't currently own a vest.  I have zero pull-over sweaters.  I got rid of so many things and now it's time to hit up some thrift stores and fill in the gaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment