Thursday, September 8, 2011

Movin' on up!

 Well, it's been a while.  Sorry to have just abandoned y'all like that, but I haven't gotten savvy enough to start scheduling my posts in advance, so when I got caught up in moving & work, well, the blog fell by the wayside.  But!  I'm all moved in and I love my new place.  It's seriously so perfect for me & Stella.  The only thing I can complain about is that the building is old and all the floors are crooked.  Sometimes I feel a little like the crooked man in the old nursery rhyme:

There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile.
He found a crooked sixpence against a crooked stile.
He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse,
And they all lived together in a little crooked house.
But we put cardboard shims under all the furniture and I'm getting used the the slants.  Plus, Stella likes that all her toys roll away from her.


I don't have any outfit posts for you & the last 6 days of the photo challenge didn't really happen.  Partly because day 25 was a sunflare and I don't know how to do that on my camera.  But, I didn't come here empty handed.  I have soooo many pictures for you that I'm going to break this down over a couple days, so as not to overwhelm you.  We'll start with the living room!
The view from the front door


The left bookcase

The right bookcase


The bottom half of the bookcases
View of the living room from the door

Another view of the living room

View of the door & my entry piece


The entry piece is something known as The Behemoth among those who have had to move it.  It weighs about a million pounds, but me & my step-dad found it at the Salvation Army and they let us have it for $3.  It's the perfect piece to have in the entry because there's a mirror and places for my sunglass & key bowls.  The bookcases are new and are the Billy style from Ikea.  My step-dad put them together for me and they are bolted together & screwed into the wall to keep them steady.  They provide a sort of wall to separate the living room area from the bed area.  These are the little tricks one uses in a studio apartment!  With the bookcases where they are, my guests don't see my bed when they walk in, which gives a little bit of extra privacy.  I'm planning to put up more things on the wall, specifically on the wall behind the television where my "S" is hanging, so that won't look so empty.

Tomorrow I'll show you the bedroom!



2 comments:

  1. Super cute. And I'm totally coveting that blue chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that blue chair (with the green) is awesome.

    Love using the shelves as a room divider. I've seen people use the open shelving but that's not enough privacy for me. It's not even privacy really... just feeling like you have an extra room.

    Love love!

    ReplyDelete