Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pajama Mama (Now With More Stella!)

Yet more new things!  When I went shopping, my original idea had been to fill in the gaps in my existing wardrobe.  And I think I did a pretty good job of that, but I still don't want to wear any of my old things yet.

Both the top & the skirt were super bargains at Old Navy.  The denim mini was only $2!  Denim mini skirts used to be the staples of my wardrobe.  I haven't had one that fit in over a year, and now I'm not sure if they still have a place.  But for $2, I think it's worth giving it a go around.

This blouse filled the void of button down, tuck-in-able tops.  It's a very silky polyester material, which I'm not going to lie, I love.  But I wasn't 100% sold on this top because I felt like the big floral made it look a little too much like pajamas.  Go figure that when I opened this month's issue of Lucky there was a whole feature of how silk pajamas had been big on the runway and how we should all wear our pj-inspired pieces to work.

My mom had to laugh at my indecision over this top.  It was only a few short years ago that I used to wear slips as dresses.  Like, real, actual slips, not slip dresses.  I would buy them for $2 at the thrift store and put them over shirts, over pants, on their own over tights.  I'd like to think my personal style has evolved, for the better, over the years.

Floral blouse & denim mini - Old Navy; Burgandy tights - HUE via Nordstrom Rack; Gray OTK socks - Target; Brown boots - MIA via 6pm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment