Monday, November 7, 2011

Remember how when you were in grade school?  And you would go Back To School Shopping and you didn't want to wear ANY of your old clothes anymore?  Because you had all these great NEW clothes?  That's pretty much how I feel right now thanks to Birthday Money Shopping.  I have so many new things that I'm loving.  Today's outfit is comprised of all new things, minus the boots.

Leopard cardigan - Old Navy; Embellished chiffon-y tank & Black legging jeans - Gap; Brown boots - MIA via 6pm.com

That photo is entitled "In Which I Do Weird Things With My Hands."  And here's a thing:  The boots cost more than the rest of that outfit put together.  When my mom & sister were up, I dragged them into Gap.  My sister claimed she never shops there because she can't afford anything.  I told her, Clearly you don't troll the sale section.  Lo and behold, all sale items were an additional 40% off and she found a bunch of great sweaters for really cheap.  Y'all, those leggings were $7.99!  That top was $6!  What a deal!



I like that the top has these little amber rhinestones studdng the collar.  I think it gives it a kind of tougher, more rock & roll type vibe.  I'm not 100% a fan of the fact that you can see how high I've hitched up those leggings through the top, but hey, it's all good.  At least I ironed the top before I wore it.  It used to have a big old crease right across the middle.

And this last shot is really just because it's been a while since Stella has made an appearance on the blog.  The top of that locker is her new favorite perch when I'm in the kitchen.  She likes being able to see everything that's going on.  She also likes to be taller than me to assert her dominance.  This whole post also serves as a reminder that I need to pencil in my brows before doing outfit photos.  I swear, my eyebrows DO extend past the middle of my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment