Thursday, November 17, 2011

What I Wore and What I Didn't

Generally speaking, I don't put a whole lot of effort into getting dressed.  By that, I mean that I spend some time thinking about my outfits before I put them on and then I put them on.  I'm not one of those people who puts on 5 different tops with the same bottom to find just the right one, only the change the bottom at the last minute and go with the first top.  I think that stems from the fact that I have a limited number of tops & bottoms that go together, but maybe it's just that I'm impatient.
Most of the time, the outfits I put together in my head turn out pretty well in real life.  I stole (borrowed) this skirt from my cousin Evelyn a little over a year ago.  It's real leather and I thought it would be fun to play around with.  Unfortunately, it is just a wee bit too big and the leather is a wee bit stiff.  I put this outfit together in my head while I was brushing my teeth yesterday and in my mind, it looked fantastic.

And, in reality, it's okay.  I like the way it looks from the side, but from the front I think it looks a bit wonky with the skirt being a bit high-waisted & a stiff a-line and the jacket being a bit too long & boxy.  And the white tshirt was a miss too.  

I putzed around my apartment in it for a while before I decided that it just wasn't going to be a go.  I'm still not sure what to do with this skirt, so I thought I'd post my first attempt to style it and get some feedback.  So, what do you think?

Purple tweedy jacket - Gap; White v-neck tee - NextLevel via Amazon.com; Black leather skirt - Wilson Leather via my cousin; Maroon-y tights - HUE via Nordstrom Rack; Black leather pumps - Etienne Aigner via Macy's (they're actually my work shoes!)

And what did I actually wear yesterday?  How nice of you to ask!  While I was visiting V last weekend, we got to talking about her closet.  Because girlfriend has a lot of clothes.  She has a great eye and a fantastic sense of style (and I'm not just saying that b/c she's reading this!).  But she's mentioned in the past that she feels like she has a lot of clothes that just aren't "her" anymore.  I'm a pest and a bit of a nag, so I started bugging her about her closet project and she proudly showed me the discard pile.  And under the discard pile were her colder weather clothes.  And sitting on top of that pile, with the tags still on, was a pair of tan corduroys.  She mentioned that she bought them on mega sale, but just never found a reason to wear that particular color.  She suggested if they were my size, I could have them.  Long story short (short story long?), they were!

They are super comfy & super soft.  I wonder though, if they aren't a wee bit short?  I have this problem of not being super tall, but not being "average" height either.  I fall right into the sweet spot where "long" pants are ridiculously long and "regular" pants are just too short.  I think?  What do you think?  So many questions in today's post!

Tan corduroys - Anthropologie via V; Black flats - Nine West

Aaaaand speaking of questions.  So.  I am nearing my 100th post!  And I thought it might be fun to do a little giveaway in celebration.  Also, after nearly 100 posts, I've been thinking about things I might want to do with this blog.  I LOVE doing my outfit posts, but then I feel like on days when I'm flying or on days when I'm just bumming around in the same thing you've seen a million times, I have no content.  So start thinking about things you'd like to see on the blog because I'm going to ask for your suggestions in my 100th Post Giveaway Post!




No comments:

Post a Comment