Monday, December 19, 2011

DCIHR Orlando Edition

The title stands for "Drinking Coffee In Hotel Rooms" which is something I said I was going to start doing on the regular.  Sometimes I bring cute thing to wear on layovers, but most of the time, I'm just trying to cram everything into my suitcase so I don't have to drag along my tote bag.  I'm sure you've seen flight attendants in the airport with a mountain of bags trailing behind them.  They've got their suitcases, their tote bags, their computer bags, their garment bags and their ginormous purses, all precariously stacked & balanced.  I'm not one of those flight attendants.  I try to get away with bringing just my suitcase & my purse.  But I still bring a ton of crap.

Anyway, that was a tangent.  Here is today's contribution to my ongoing series.  Last time I was all made up for work already.  This morning, it's all mussed up hair and no make-up.  Speaking of make-up, a few weeks (months?) ago, I bought a new bottle of foundation before my previous bottle was all used up (it was Free Gift time!). As such, I've been trying to use up the last of the old bottle, but I usually bring the new bottle with me on trips.  Well, I was finally getting down to the last drops in the old bottle and probably should have just thrown it out, but I didn't.  And then I didn't put the new bottle back in my make-up bag before this trip.  Are you seeing where I'm going with this?  I think I used up the last of the last of the old bottle yesterday and I still have one day of flying left to do.  This is slightly better than the time I just forgot to bring my whole make-up bag on a trip, but only slightly.

I've had a few people tell me I don't NEED to wear make-up and maybe they're right.  But I like the way I look when I wear make-up.  And I feel more polished & put together when I've got my face on.  On a day-to-day basis, I think I keep my look pretty simple and natural.  It takes about 7 or 8 minutes to apply foundation, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara & blush.  Sometimes I get a little more adventurous with my eye make-up and it takes a little longer, but I don't feel it is a waste of time.

Luckily for me, this hotel is in a pretty good location and there is apparently a Walgreens a mere .7 miles away.  I'm still working on my cup of coffee & then I want to hit up the fitness center to put a few miles on the old Dreadmill.  If I manage my time right (though lord knows I have zero time management skills, but that's another post for another day), I should have plenty of time to trot my bare face on up to Walgreens to pick up some foundation to tide me over til I get home.  And then that bottle will live forever in my suitcase as my Emergency Foundation along with all the other Emergency items, which, come to think of it, are probably why my damn suitcase is always so full...

No comments:

Post a Comment