Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

There are a few things I really like about New Year's.  One thing is buying a new day planner, because I LOVE buying papergoods.  And with not being in school anymore, I don't have nearly the same opportunities.  So I get really excited about finding a new dayplanner.  I also like that it is the automatic Reset button on anything going on in your life.  If things aren't going the way you want them to, you get to say, "Hey, it's January 1st!  Time to try something new & different!"

Yesterday I talked about my 2011 resolutions, so now I want to talk a little about what I want for 2012!  The first resolution I came up with started out really vainly.  I am the WORST about getting regular haircuts.  I'm not even joking.  It's been almost a year since my last haircut (remember when I got the straight-across bangs?  Yeah.) and my hair is getting crazy long.  The first thing I want to do in January is get a haircut to take care of all my busted-up ends and to get an actual style going on.  And then I want to get regular trims.  I can afford the $15 every other month to go up to the Aveda Institute and have the students give me a scalp massage and a trim.  And because I felt bad about making such a vain resolution, here's the cool thing I'm doing.  For the next year, I'm going to let my hair grow as long as it will with regular trims and then next December, I will cut off one foot (at least) and donate it to Locks of Love!  I'm super excited about this!  A chance to do something good AND a reason to take better care of my hair!

Another resolution I am making is to better stay in touch with people.  In addition to being the WORST about haircuts, I am terrible at keeping up with people.  I rely on Facebook waaaay too much to know what is going on with my pals.  I haven't quite figured out the specifics of this resolution, but it is going to be something I work toward, culminating with actually sending holiday cards next December.

And finally, I'm going to keep track of every book I read.  Even the really trashy ones.  Because I'm a nerd and I'm curious how many books I read in an average year.

And onto my New Year's Eve outfit!  I have no plans!  This is sort of a lie.  I went to Barnes & Noble to read an hour's worth of "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?" by Mindy Kaling (which is fantastic by the way...read it!) and then I went to Target to get supplies to make this for dinner.  So after I upload this, I'm going to start on that and besides hanging out with my cat, that's the extent of my New Year's plans.  But that doesn't mean I can't look fabulous!

One of my best friends is from Brazil and it came up one year about how she thinks it is so weird how many people wear black on New Year's Eve in America because in Brazil, everyone wears white to bring good luck & peace in the new year.  And another friend and I sort of latched onto the idea of wearing a specific color to bring a specific thing into the new year.  I'm cheating this year by wearing ALL the colors because I'm hoping 2012 is going to be my best year yet.  I'm in love with a fantastic man, I'm finally making decent money at work, I have a great apartment, I have amazing friends and family.  There is no reason for 2012 NOT to be amazing!

Sparkle Boob Sweater - Kenar via Marshalls; Maroon tank top - Mossimo via Target; Blue legging jeans - Gap; Brown MIA boots - 6pm.com


All my accessories (except for the heart-shaped sunnies) were gifts from people I love!  My necklace was from the Mister, the earrings were from my Momma, one of my bracelets is from my bestie V and the charm bracelet is from my sister!  My headband is this crazy thing my mom gave me for Christmas this year.  It is essentially a crystal disco ball on an articulated chain thing that you can bend into any shape you want.  If I were actually going out tonight, I would SO figure out some way to get it to stay on my head and rock the hell out of it!  As it was, I took it off after the photos.  But it's still awesome.

Happy New Year, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment