Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Heat Wave

So last year at the time, Minneapolis was still under a pretty heavy blanket of snow.  This year?  We've had a few dustings, but nothing major.  And this week the temperatures have been in the 30s.  Not that I'm complaining.  I am NOT a cold weather girl when it comes right down to it.  And it doesn't help that the radiators in my building work overtime so my apartment tends to be at least 80 degrees, if not warmer, so it doesn't give me much reason to leave.


But today I had a few errands to run, so I pulled on my fleece-lined tights & some boots and headed out!  It was a BIG change from my walk to Walgreens in Orlando yesterday morning, but I'll take it over the sub-zero temps that have marked previous Decembers in Minneapolis for me.

Purple tweedy jacket & patterned skirt - Gap; Black tank top - Old Navy; Fleece-lined tights - Eileen Fisher via Marshalls; Gray boots - Madden Girl

When I bought this jacket, I really didn't realize how much I would end up wearing it!  It has definitely been worth the $17 I paid for it.  We all know I love a blazer, but I think what I like best about this one is the color.  Black & charcoal are all well and good, but I like having an additional source of color in an outfit, especially when the combination of black tank top & black tights makes it look like I'm wearing some kind of body suit!



I celebrated Christmas a little early in Virginia so that I could exchange gifts with the Mister & his mom.  His mom & his sister got me the prettiest earrings from an artisan in Santa Fe, on their way to the Arizona Ironman competition (where his sister WON her age division!).  I love the colors in the earrings and the shape is really fun too!  I see myself getting a LOT of wear out of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment