Monday, December 5, 2011

Drinking Coffee in Hotel Rooms

Hello from Amsterdam!  I flew here yesterday & went out for Thai food with two other flight attendants, then we hit up the grocery store & souvenir shop for Christmas goodies!  It was a bit chilly & drizzly, but all the Christmas lights were up and it made the whole city seem so cheery!  Unfortunately, I got called out for the trip on kind of short notice and, wouldn't you know it, I left my camera at home!

Over on my Tumblr, I used to do this thing where I would take a webcam picture of myself drinking coffee in different hotel rooms.  When you travel as much as I do, it's the small things that matter, like making enough time to get in a workout AND to drink coffee while browsing the internet.  The pictures were kind of a silly thing, but I don't know, kind of fun also?  So I'm moving it over here!

There is a crew lounge here at the hotel in Amsterdam and inside that crew lounge is a fancy-pants automatic coffee maker.  You press a button and Whoosh! you have espresso, something called "whipped coffee" or regular coffee.  I am a fiend when it comes to caffeine, so my little cup hold two shots of espresso!  This is in addition to the espresso I had when I finished my workout this morning.  I accidentally woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep.  It's a long 9 hour flight home today, so I'm relying on all this yummy espresso to keep me smiling!  You know what they say:  A caffeinated flight attendant is a HAPPY flight attendant!  Or, you know, at least I say that.

Some pilots on the hotel shuttle last night told us that the employee Duty Free shop at the airport here in Amsterdam had some really great deals going on for the holidays.  I'm excited to check it out and see if I can knock a few more items off my Christmas list!

And don't forget!  You have two more days to sign up for the GIVEAWAY!!!, so hop on over to that post and leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment