Monday, October 31, 2011

Bad Blogger!

Well hello there!  I'm still alive!  I didn't mean to be absent for so long.  I mentioned before that sometimes flying gets in the way of posting and it happened again!  I was given 2 hours notice for another 6-day trip in Asia.  And once again, I didn't wear anything worth sharing on any of my layovers.

Another thing is that I've been getting bored with my wardrobe.  Especially after seeing all the pieces of my wardrobe and recognizing the limitations.  Luckily for us all, I did a good spot of shopping when my mom & sister were in town this weekend for my race & birthday!  I picked up a few pieces that I'd been wanting to find (including a new pair of jeans, hooray!) and I'm kicking myself for not buying one particular piece.  I don't want to say what it is because I'm thinking I might make a run out to the Mall of America tonight to see if it is still there!

As for the race, it was a lot of fun!  There were so many great costumes and I wish I'd had my camera with me so I could have taken some photos.  My mom & sister had a camera, but neither of them took many pictures.

This was before the race.  It was sooooo cold!  My poor little nose is bright red!  Once I got to running, I warmed up and didn't notice the temperature, but until then, I was freezing my little tuckus off!  I'm glad I picked up those gloves on a whim at Old Navy while we were out shopping and a good thing I did!  Later on, I ended up taking them off & shoving them down my shirt, haha.

This was right after I limped across the finish line.  I had a little bit of knee pain through most of the race, but it didn't get unbearable until about mile 11.  I ended up walking from mile 12 to mile 13 and then I pushed myself to run the last tenth of a mile across the finish line.  I was crying from the pain and laughing from relief for finishing it.  I got my medal and my banana and collapsed into my mom's hug.  Then we went straight to the first aid tent to get my knee checked out.  Luckily, it isn't anything serious, just an aggravated IT band.  I'm supposed to ice it, stretch it and take plenty of ibuprofen, which I'm doing obediently.  When I got home, I checked my official time and I finished in 2 hours, 22 minutes and 50 seconds!  Well under my hope to finish in under 2 1/2 hours!  So hooray for me!  And today I think my knee is finally starting to feel better!

Also, today is my BIRTHDAY!  So happy birthday to me!  I'm on call, but I'm unlikely to go anywhere, so I didn't make any plans, so now I'm just sort of bumming about.  One of these years, I'm going to actually make the effort to have an awesome birthday, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment